I usually bake these when we have a day out to a beach or a picnic in the park. (another picnic idea is my Thai/Brit sausage rolls in my earlier post).
When these are baking, your house will just smell wonderful. I can barely resist eating one before we hit the beach!
They are delicious. Cheese and vegetables are all in !! An easy lunch away from home.
There are 3 types of cheese in the recipe but you can swap and change to whatever cheese you prefer as long as they are not all soft cheese. The batter should be thick and not runny.
Frozen spinach works really well. I always have a bag in my freezer. Once defrosted, squeeze out as much excess water as possible. If using fresh spinach, steam rather than boil as it is less soaky.
70g cheddar grated
40g parmesan grated
150g baby spinach choped
70ml olive oil
3 large eggs
450g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
150g goat’s cheese
1. Mix the wet ingredients together.
2. Mix the dry ingreadients together.
3. Combine wet and dry together.
4. Fold in the cheese and spinach.
5. Add a pitch of salt.
6. Line 2 muffins tins with baking paper.
7. Fill each hold with the batter. Sprinkle over sesame seed or pumpkins seeds ( optional )
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 180c until golden and cooked through.